The headline index is tipped to open broadly unchanged this morning, according to financial websites, ahead of today's ECB press conference and potential announcement on further QE measures, while ...
Virgin Money has deposited a FY pretax profit falls of £34m, down from a restated £185.4m. Net interest income totalled £367.3m, from £311.2m. The prior-year result was boosted by a £203.4m gain ...
Other Featured Stories
A brief summary of Thursday's main business headlines... Extensive coverage of the Bank of England facing SFO criminal inquiry, Greggs' bumper results, the pro's and con's of quantative easing, Legal & General boss...
Aviva posts an operating profit before tax of £2,173m for 2014 - 6% up on last time. IFRS net asset value per share increased 26% to 340p (FY13: 270p) and MCEV net asset per share is 14% higher at 527p (FY13:...
Insurance group Admiral posts pre-tax profits of £357m, for the year to the end of December - 4% down on last time. Earnings per share fell by 2% to 103.0p and the full year dividend of 98.4p per share is down 1%.
- Insetco corrects loan notes conversion figures
- MRS proposes acquisition of D&M Group
- FLASH: UKCM in advanced talks to refinance Lloyds facility
- FLASH: Hot Rocks takes stake in Datanostic
- FLASH: Quindell updates on steps to deliver shareholder value
- FLASH: Spirax Sarco Engineering to start direct operations in India
- FLASH: SUMM announces pricing of US IPO
- Schroders FY pretax profit rises 16%
- Hunting underlying profits up
- Spirax-Sarco Engineering's FY pretax profit slips 1%
- CSR underlying profits up
- H&T Group pre-tax profits down 17.9%
- Cobham pre-tax profits fall 81%
- Virgin Money FY pretax profit falls to £34m
- FLASH: Investec repeats its buy call on Tarsus, target raised to 280p from 275p
- FLASH: Investec reaffirms buy on Monysupermarket, target lifted to 280p from 270p
- FLASH: Investec reiterates buy on Rentokil Initial, target upped to 170p from 150p
- FLASH: Investec stays at buy on Advanced Medical Solutions, target raised to 152p from 144p
- FLASH: Investec sticks with its buy call on Melrose, target trimmed to 328p from 335p
- FLASH: Numis stays hold on JD Wetherspoon, target cut to 850p from 900p
- FLASH: Numis downgrades Travis Perkins to hold from add, target unchanged at 1,900p
- Cadbury withdraws application for $16m in federal funding source: The Guardian
- The world's 10 most expensive cities 2015 source: The Telegraph
- London to lose its crown as home to the world's richest source: The Telegraph
- No time for complacency on the cost of living source: The Telegraph
- The UK won a key victory in Europe that goes to the heart of the EU's future source: The Telegraph
- Former Xstrata boss Mick Davis raises £3.6bn for deals source: The Telegraph
- Questor share tip: Dignity's shares have jumped in recent months source: The Telegraph
MoneyAM website is aimed at investors of all levels of experience including City professionals, investors and full-time traders.
- Free live share prices
- Free live watch lists
- UK and Worldwide Indices
- Live market News
- Company Fundamentals
- Charts - Intraday and historic
- Stock Portfolio
Shares is the leading weekly publication for high net worth private investors and stock market professionals and as such is read weekly by thousands of private investors, analysts, fund managers, stockbrokers and company directors.
Brokerforecasts.com publishes equity upgrades, downgrades, reiterations, resumption and drops in coverage, as well as price target changes to a desktop or via alerts to email.
All recommendations are delivered and updated as soon as possible after release. The majority will be on brokerforecasts.com prior to market open.
Company directors know the state of their business better than anyone. That's why professional investors like to keep a close watch on the directors who are buying and selling and often follow their lead. DirectorsHoldings.com provides all the necessary screening and search tools.