END-OF-DAY REPORT: The headline index ended the day with firm losses, as news that the UK trade deficit came in wider than forecast dented what little positive sentiment there had been amongst ...
Coffee house to hotels group Whitbread reported today that total sales were up 13.8% in the quarter to 28th November, with Premier Inn gaining market share and Costa growing total system sales by ...
Other Featured Stories
Credit Suisse lifts Antofagasta to neutral from underperform, target cut from 900p to 750p. Investec lifts Premier Foods to add from hold, 160p target unchanged.
Numis cuts Sage Group to hold from add,...
Equipment rental company Ashtead reported record pretax profit of £212m in the first half-year to end-October, up 49% at constant exchange rates.
Group EBITDA margin improves to 43% (2012: 41%).
Zytronic, a specialist manufacturer of touch sensors, said profit before tax decreased by 55% to £1.9m in the year to end-September(2012: 4.2m).
§ Touch revenue accounts for 73% (2012: 71%) of Group...
- US job openings show little change
- US wholesale inventories rise
- FLASH: US job openings show little change
- FLASH: US wholesale inventories up 1.4%
- Ace in equity issue
- Statkraft buys back bonds
- Jyske Bank agrees sale of Silkeborg Data
- Schlumberger schedules FY results
- ENW Capital Finance pre-tax profit unchanged
- Polar Capital Technology beats benchmark
- AAA resolutions passed at AGM
- Bglobal adjusted pre-tax losses narrow
- Infrastructure India NAV falls 19%
- Mirada swings to H1 pretax loss £0.2m
- Broker News & Views
- Brokers' round-up, four cut targets on Kazakhmys
- FLASH: Numis reiterates hold on Whitbread, target raised from 3400p to 3600p
- FLASH: Numis reiterates add on TUI Travel, target raised from 400p to 425p
- FLASH: Canaccord Genuity cuts S & U to hold from buy, target raised from 1150p to 1500p
- FLASH: Numis cuts Sage Group to hold from add, target 383p
- FLASH: Investec cuts Genel Energy to hold from buy, target raised from 1130p to 1140p
- Barclays 'withdrawing sponsorship for Boris Bikes' source: The Telegraph
- Fears referendum is factor in race attacks on English people source: The Daily Express
- X Factor star Nicholas McDonald mobbed by fans at his school source: The Daily Express
- More funerals of Glasgow helicopter crash victims source: The Daily Express
- Alex Salmond grilled at referendum roadshow source: The Daily Express
- Lost dog is found... after nine years source: The Daily Express
- Dear Santa, please make Daddy better source: The Daily Express
MoneyAM website is aimed at investors of all levels of experience including City professionals, investors and full-time traders.
- Free live share prices
- Free live watch lists
- UK and Worldwide Indices
- Live market News
- Company Fundamentals
- Charts - Intraday and historic
- Stock Portfolio
Shares is the leading weekly publication for high net worth private investors and stock market professionals and as such is read weekly by thousands of private investors, analysts, fund managers, stockbrokers and company directors.
Brokerforecasts.com publishes equity upgrades, downgrades, reiterations, resumption and drops in coverage, as well as price target changes to a desktop or via alerts to email.
All recommendations are delivered and updated as soon as possible after release. The majority will be on brokerforecasts.com prior to market open.
Company directors know the state of their business better than anyone. That's why professional investors like to keep a close watch on the directors who are buying and selling and often follow their lead. DirectorsHoldings.com provides all the necessary screening and search tools.