END-OF-DAY REPORT: The headline index ended the day with strong gains, breaking the 6,800 barrier, as a strong performance from the mining community offset weakness in banks and a slump in cruise ...
Telecoms giant Vodafone reported group revenue down 4.2% to £44.4bn in the year to end-March, with full year organic service revenue off 1.9%, down 4.2% in Q4. EBITDA was down 3.1% at £13.3bn. ...
Other Featured Stories
Sanlam Securities cuts Sage Group to sell from hold, 330p target unchanged. Investec retains buy on Carnival, target cut from 2,800p to 2,550p.
Deutsche Bank reiterates buy on Reed Elsevier target raised...
Cruise ship operator Carnival has updated its earnings guidance for the second half of 2013, primarily due to lower net revenue yield expectations.
Current cruise ticket pricing for the company has driven...
Convenience food producer Greencore Group reported revenue of £572.9m, up 0.9%, for the half-year to end-March. Operating profit was up 6.3% to £33.7m.
Convenience Foods revenue of £542.1m, up 1.8%;
- Income & Growth VCT buys back shares
- Amati VCT buys back shares
- BSkyB buys back shares
- Mobeus Income & Growth 4 VCT in equity issue
- FLSmidth starts buyback programme
- Leeds buys back shares
- Jubilant appoints broker
- Chariot Oil & Gas resolutions passed at AGM
- Martin Currie Global Portfolio resolutions passed at AGM
- Alent resolutions passed at AGM
- Invesco Perpetual UK Smaller Cos resolutions passed at AGM
- JPMorgan Japanese IT beats benchmark
- St. James's Place resolutions passed at AGM
- HomeServe adjusted pre-tax profits fall
- Broker News & Views
- Brokers' round-up, downgrades for Sage Group and Informa
- FLASH: Westhouse Securities retains buy on Petropavlovsk, target cut from 285p to 275p
- FLASH: Investec lifts bwin.party digital entertainment to buy from hold, target raised from 140p to 180p
- FLASH: Canaccord Genuity retains buy on Paragon Group, target raised from 350p to 390p
- FLASH: Canaccord Genuity reiterates buy on Chesnara, target raised from 260p to 290p
- FLASH: Canaccord Genuity retains hold on bwin.party digital entertainment, target raised from 122p to 155p
- CPI inflation dip leaves savers a few more 'inflation-beating' accounts source: The Daily Mail
- One in seven to retire without a pension source: The Telegraph
- We could go it alone on Europe, David Cameron admits source: The Daily Express
- Tebbit in four-letter attack on Coalition’s ministers source: The Daily Express
- Sir Cliff Richard still a Young One source: The Daily Express
- Sharon Stone takes plunge to wow Cannes fans source: The Daily Express
- Royal Mail profit soars after stamp rise source: The Daily Express
MoneyAM website is aimed at investors of all levels of experience including City professionals, investors and full-time traders.
- Free live share prices
- Free live watch lists
- UK and Worldwide Indices
- Live market News
- Company Fundamentals
- Charts - Intraday and historic
- Stock Portfolio
Shares is the leading weekly publication for high net worth private investors and stock market professionals and as such is read weekly by thousands of private investors, analysts, fund managers, stockbrokers and company directors.
Brokerforecasts.com publishes equity upgrades, downgrades, reiterations, resumption and drops in coverage, as well as price target changes to a desktop or via alerts to email.
All recommendations are delivered and updated as soon as possible after release. The majority will be on brokerforecasts.com prior to market open.
Company directors know the state of their business better than anyone. That's why professional investors like to keep a close watch on the directors who are buying and selling and often follow their lead. DirectorsHoldings.com provides all the necessary screening and search tools.