StockMarketWire.com - Tekcapital has announced that its newly formed UK subsidiary, Belluscura, has acquired exclusive licences to manufacture and sell three proprietary medical devices.

The include:

- "Slyde", a non-ambulatory patient evacuation sled;

- "Passport", a trocar for use with the Da Vinci Surgical System (keyhole surgery); and

- "SNAP II", a level of consciousness monitor for use during surgical procedures requiring general anesthesia.

The devices have been developed by and exclusively licensed from Stryker Corporation, a leading medical technology company. The devices have achieved regulatory approval where necessary and have already achieved commercial sales.

Tekcapital owns 95% of the share capital of Belluscura and Stryker Corporation owns the remaining 5%.

Dr. Clifford M. Gross, Executive Chairman of Tekcapital, commented: "We are very pleased to announce the establishment of Belluscura and the acquisition of its first three medical devices. Belluscura's mission is to provide premium, proprietary medical devices at affordable prices."



At 12:02pm: [LON:TEK] Tekcapital share price was +1p at 47.5p



Story provided by StockMarketWire.com